To properly prepare for our group the Team Leadership Center must receive their waiver and health form early. Read, Sign, and Send to Camp
(P.O. Box 950, East Troy, WI 53120) Before June 1:
Get Ready for the Challenge
Make sure to do some pre-trip conditioning so that you will be fit for the adventure. Be able to walk a mile, lift and carry 20-30 pounds, and have the confidence to try new things – like living without electricity and running water.
We will be hosted by the Team Leadership Center out of Sturgeon Bay, WI. They will provide all the equipment and instruction for all the adventure activities.
Items to Pack
Camp will provide the following equipment and supplies
- Backpack (small school pack) This will be the your day bag for your trip. Things that you want accessible to you all day while in the van.
- Mess kit Bring one that is small and packable. It should contain at least a bowl and spoon. Many kits come with an extra bowl or plate, cup, and utensils.
- Water bottle or Canteen. This is extremely important since you will be drinking lots of water throughout your trip.
- Your toiletries To save on space use small samples or motel bottles of shampoo and toothpaste.
- Fun Stuff If you have small fun stuff to do for the van ride, bring it. Cards, book of questions, riddles, whatever you can think of and doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- Clothing It is important to wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing (yoga pants, shorts, T-shirts) for your adventurous days. Since our days will be spent having fun outdoors, make sure to bring clothes for any type of weather. Bring rain gear!Pack only necessities and items that can do double duty (light jacket that is also a rain jacket). There is a limited amount of space for luggage.
- Safety Equipment All safety equipment will be provided by either camp or the Team Leadership Center.
Tents, cook kits, food, backpack stove, first aid kit, firebuilding supplies, maps and anything else that the group as a whole may require.
You may want to bring extra money besides what you set aside for Camp Alice Chester Trading Post souvenirs. While you are away from camp you may want to purchase souvenirs, ice cream, or other snack items. This is not mandatory, only suggested by past adventure campers.
You will ride in a camp van that holds 12 passengers driven by one of our trained and qualified staff members. Remember that the van needs to hold twelve people, luggage, plus some of the community belongings and food so make sure to pack light!
If you need additional information, contact the Seasonal Camp Director, Kim "Storm" Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org