Many girls come to camp to make new friends. However, some girls choose to come with a buddy. If girls want to be placed with a specific buddy, note that on the Buddy Request line during registration. If registering by paper, submit the girls' forms together.
Mail is a very important part of everyone’s time at camp. Our happiest campers receive four or five letters a week!
- Write letters ahead of time and place in our Secret Mailbox during check-in or mail letters 2-3 days ahead of time, so she will have mail waiting for her.
- Label each envelope with her name, program name, and the day of the week that she should receive it.
- Keep your letters short and cheerful. Avoid any negative news unless she already knew about it before she left home.
- You may also email letters to your camper. We will check the email every morning at 10:00am Monday - Friday. Please make sure to include their name, program name, and what unit they are staying in (if you know). Emails can be sent to CACLetters@gswise.org. (If you send an email make sure you recieve the automatic reply, if you didn't something went wrong. You can try and send another email, or you can give us a call at 262.642.5845.)
- See your confirmation e-mail attachment for the actual mailing address or mail to: Camp Alice Chester, P.O. Box 950, East Troy, WI 53120-0950
To help your camper build her independence please do not send a cell phone with her. If you are concerned with how she may adjust to camp, contact the camp director to arrange a time to hear from her or her counselors or camp staff.
Do’s & Don’ts of Homesickness
- Write letters and send mail.
- Tell her it’s okay to miss home but not to miss the fun.
- Tell her how excited you are for her.
- Send pre-addressed envelopes or postcards, stationery and stamps, so she can write about her fun each day to share with you when she gets home.
- Pack a picture of the family.
- Pack a special stuffed animal.
- Tell her how proud of her you are.
- Don’t tell her she can call anytime and you’ll come get her.
- Don’t cry and tell her you are going to be so sad without her.
- Don't emphasize missing her
- Don’t send a cell phone with her.
Things campers should leave at home
Camp Care Kit
- Electronics (besides digital cameras)
- Alchohol and drugs
- Personal sports equipment
Order a Camp Care Package for any session. We will ensure a surprise delivery to your camper on the first day!
Check-in and Check-out
Check-in is from 2:30-4:00 p.m.
Check-out is after the 30-minute family presentation that begins at 4:00 p.m. on closing day.
Directions to Camp
Confirmation information will have directions. For safety reasons, we do not post them in our publications or on the Web site.
Family Events at Camp Alice Chester
Summer Celebration Open House Sunday, May 4, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Check out camp with your family. All are welcome to tour camp, meet some of the summer staff and enjoy fun activities. No registration or fee.
My Gal and Me Thursday, July 24-Saturday, July 26 (1-night, 2-night options)
Come to camp for some bonding time between girls and their sister(s), mom, grandma, and/or favorite adult gal. Swim, craft, play, and relax in the outdoors. All meals provided.
My Gal and Me Sailing, Spend a half day (10:00 a.m - 3:00 p.m.) at camp with your favorite adult female learning to sail. Also enjoy swimming and kayaking or paddle boarding. Lunch is provided.
Fall Festival Sunday, October 5, Noon-4:00 p.m.
Bring the whole family and/or troop to kick off the school year and to welcome autumn. Rock climb, eat s'mores, play games, and make crafts.
Girls with Additional Needs
Let us know of any concerns you may have. Our goal is to provide a positive camp experience for all girls. Providing us with information about medications, special diets and nighttime issues along with physical and cognitive limitations will help us provide a positive camp experience for your girl. We make every effort to meet the special needs of all girls, so that everyone can fully participate. For specific questions or situations, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 414-443-3997 or 800-565-GIRL (4475).