On Site Equipment Rental
Girls are encouraged to take advantage of the wonderful outdoor activities that are offered at our camps for troops staying overnight. Archery, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, snowshoeing and cross country skiing are offered at council sites.
For liability purposes and for equipment tracking, all equipment must be used at the camp that it is rented from.
Most of these activities require an adult with specific certifications, such as a lifeguard, canoe certification, or archery instructor. You will need to plan your activity at least one month in advance to make sure you have an adult with the required certifications.
requires the presence of a certified archery instructor. A current certificate must be on file with Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast prior to the rental date. Other requirements include:
Canoeing and kayaking
- Equipment must be used at the desigated archery area at each camp. Equipment is only available at Alice Chester Center, Camp Pottawatomie Hills, Camp Winding River, Chinook Program Center, Silverbrook Program Center and Trefoil Oaks Program Center.
- Girls must be Girl Scout Junior Level or above.
- Fee is $2 per person, payable at time of rental. Fee includes bows, arrows, arm/wristguards, targets and ground quivers.
- Troops must provide their own paper/target faces.
- Troops must follow Archery Safety Checkpoints.
require a lifeguard AND an adult with canoe or kayak certification.
requires a lifeguard with current certification who is at least 18 years of age or older and a ratio of one lifeguard per 10 swimmers.
is a self-directed activity.
Click here for the on site equipment rental form.
Nonprofit groups staying at our camps may rent waterfront equipment at twice the Girl Scout rate if they provide adults with the required training. Archery and snowshoes are not available to nonprofit groups.
Click here for the Waterfront Rental Form for Nonprofit, non-member groups.