Texting, keeping up with the latest apps, messaging your friends on social media—it’s all second-nature to you. At iGirl, you’ll hone your technology skills even more and learn how to use those tools to make a difference. We’ll also explore how the media affects girls and young women. Do you think media accurately represents you? Is there an important topic they aren’t covering? Share your story to create media that reflects you and what you care about. Shape the future you want to see!
Camp iGirl is an overnight experience for girls entering grades seven through ten, at Alverno College in Milwaukee. Get a glimpse of college life by staying in the dorms and working with the college professors to build your tech skills. Girls will also get a chance to unplug for a while at Camp Alice Chester and enjoy traditional camp fun—like swimming, paddleboarding, rock climbing, and making s’mores. It’s the best of both worlds! Learn more about Camp iGirl.
A Typical Day at Camp iGirl
• 7:30 a.m. Opening Ceremony
• 8:00 a.m. Breakfast--Head down to the cafeteria with your roommate!
• 9:00 a.m. Lab time in specific session-Time to dive into your passion
• 12:00 p.m. Lunch—Catch up with friends and swap stories about what you did this morning
• 1:00 p.m. Fun activity time
• 2:30 p.m. Me time—Time to read or enjoy some quiet time alone to get recharged
• 4:00 p.m. More lab time in specific session or group time
• 5:30 p.m. Dinner—Get refueled and hang out with buddies
• 7:00 p.m. Traditional camp fun at Camp Alice Chester—Let’s rock climb or jump in the lake!
• 8:30 p.m. Closing ceremony
• 9:00 p.m. Me time
• 10:30 p.m. Lights out – Time to rest up for another action-packed day!
All campers are under the supervision of trained staff 24 hours a day. Campus security is patrolling campus and can be easily reached in case of an emergency. Austin Hall is locked at all times and only accessible by keycard. All staff are trained to recognize risks and minimize them.
Can she bring a cellphone? What if there’s bad weather? Do you accommodate special needs? Read our Parent Info.
Registration for Camp iGirl is currently closed.