What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Save time, frustration, money, and stress planning for the troop year.
- View prepopulated Journey and Badge Year Plans for Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior, Ambassador, K-5 Multi, 6-12 Multi levels.
- Customize meetings with additional badge and Journey options from the Meeting Library, or delete meetings.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- Communicate with parents in one click using customizable email templates.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ meeting attendance and awards earned.
- Add custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.