Do not complete the background check until you have filled out a volunteer application if you are a first time volunteer. Click here to get started on your volunteer application. If you are renewing your background check scroll down the page to the background check link.
GSWISE volunteers who will be serving in the following capacities must complete a background check:
- Any person that will have direct contact with girls.
- Any volunteer with financial responsibility.
- All service team members.
- All persons 18 years or older that reside at a residence where meetings or events occur.
- You will not be able to view the results of your completed background check. This portal only lets you enter information.
- You need to complete a background check every three years. If you have questions regarding when to complete a background check, please contact email@example.com.
- Asurint supports system functionality on iOS and Android phones and Tablets and both Windows and OS X Mac with the following browser versions:
Internet Explorer - 9 and above
Safari - 6.1.6 and above
Chrome - current version
Firefox - current version
You may also complete it electronically at any of our Resource Centers or you may use our Background Check authorization form
and drop it off or mail to any service center.
After you complete the Volunteer Application and Background Check
You can expect to be notified regarding the status of your application within one week after it is submitted. If your application is approved, you will receive an official notice of appointment to the position for which you applied.
Adults supporting the council or at the troop level are asked to register as a member. Troop support includes helping at meetings, being a driver, chaperoning at events or activities, and coordinating product sales. All adults can show their support to Girl Scouts by paying the National membership dues and becoming a registered member.