Community Event Providers
Community Event Providers
are organizations and businesses in the community that are approved by Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast (GSWISE) and provide events and activities to girls, troops, and families that relate to the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. To register for events in this section, contact the Community Event Provider directly.
How Community Event Providers work:
Safety Activity Checkpoints
- Event listings are found on our website.
- Listings are organized below by focus areas. Click on a focus area below to be directed to a list of businesses and organizations that we work with in that focus area.
- To find specific dates and times, click on the "find an event" button on each focus area's page.
- Opportunities are constantly being updated so check back often!
- All registration and staffing for these programs are handled by the specific organization. Please contact the organization directly to register for an event or if you have questions.
- To print a complete list of all current listings by focus area, click on desired focus area below, then follow the navigation link under the table of providers. This link will take you to an easy to print PDF listing for that specific focus area. This will not print specific flyers linked to the listings.
If Safety Activity Checkpoints do not exist for an activity you and the girls are interested in, check with your council before making any definite plans with the girls. A few activities are allowed only with written council pre-approval and only for girls 12 and over, while some are off-limits completely:
• Caution: You must get written pre-approval
from your council for girls ages 12 and older who will operate motorized vehicles, such as go-carts and personal watercraft; use firearms; take trips on waterways that are highly changeable or uncontrollable; experience simulated skydiving and zero-gravity rooms; or fly in noncommercial aircraft, such as small private planes, helicopters, sailplanes, untethered hot air balloons, and blimps. GSWISE cannot approve girls ages 12 and older who will fly in noncommercial aircraft, such as small private planes, helicopters, sailplanes, untethered hot air balloons, and blimps.
• Warning: The following activities are never allowed
for any girl: potentially uncontrolled free-falling (bungee jumping, hang gliding, parachuting, parasailing, and trampolining); creating extreme variations of approved activities (such as high-altitude climbing and aerial tricks on bicycles, skis, snowboards, skateboards, water-skis, and wakeboards); hunting; shooting a projectile at another person; riding all-terrain vehicles and motor bikes; and taking watercraft trips in Class V or higher.
View all Safety Activity Checkpoints
Are you a current Community Event Provider?
Community Event Providers must provide their Girl Scout participation numbers annually or throughout the year. Community Event Providers may use the online event report form
to report these numbers.