Did you found a way to support U.S. troops and veterans? Perhaps you collected clothes or toys and gave them to children in need. Or maybe you’re a recent Girl Scout Bronze, Silver, or Gold Award Girl Scout or completed a great Journey Take Action project or community service project in Girl Scouts. We encourage you to apply for a 2020 Prudential Spirit of Community Award!
The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program honors middle
level (grades 5-8) and high school students (grades 9-12) for
outstanding service to others at the local, state, and national
Top winners receive a $1,000 award, engraved medallion, and an all-expense-paid trip with a caregiver to Washington, D.C., for the national awards ceremony. For more award details go to spirit.prudential.com or nassp.org/spirit.
Qualifying students must:
- Be in grades 5-12 as of November 5, 2019, and a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- Have participated in a volunteer activity at least in part after September 1, 2018.
- Complete and submit an online application by November 5, 2019 to a school principal or the head of one of the program’s designated organizations.
To be considered:
- Go to spirit.prudential.com or nassp.org/spirit to access the online application.
- Complete the application and the student/parent agreement. Deadline: November 5, 2019.
- Go to the “Certification” page to email or print out instructions for your certifier. You must deliver these instructions to your certifier by November 5, 2019. Your certifier can be your school principal or the head of a county 4-H group, Girl Scout council, American Red Cross chapter, YMCA or HandsOn Network affiliate. (The certifier for Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast council is Chief Executive Officer Christy Brown. Please use email@example.com as the contact email address.)
- Your certifier will then review
applications online and select Local Honoree(s) from the applicants
in your school or organization, and nominate them for state-level
judging by November 15, 2019.
Questions? Contact Prudential Spirit of Community Awards at 855-651-2951.