Happy National Hispanic Heritage Month! During National Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15 through October 15, and every day, we celebrate the rich diversity of the Latinx community and its contributions to our Girl Scout community and to our beautiful nation.
How can you celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month as a Girl Scout?
1. Earn your "¡Yo soy una Girl Scout" patch!
Available to all program levels, this new patch program encourages girls to learn about the art, food, folklore, and other traditions of the 21 countries generally included in Hispanic Heritage Month celebrations.
- Download the Hispanic Heritage Month Patch Activity Sheet (PDF).
- Once you've completed the number of required activities for your grade level, you can purchase the patch at any GSWISE Resource Centers.
2. Join our Spanish Multi-Level virtual troop!
Join this virtual Ttroop and you will always have something to look forward to! Team up with sister Girl Scouts your age from across southeast Wisconsin to start your own adventure together. Engage in a variety of exciting activities of your choice such as earning badges, completing a Journey, and earning fun patches. Discover your talents and learn new skills while having fun together!
Our Spanish Multi-Level virtual troop will be biweekly on Mondays (beginning September 27) starting at 6:00 p.m.
Registration is required. Virtual troops are free for current Girl Scouts. New members pay $50 Girl Scout membership fee at time of registration valid through Sept. 30, 2022. Financial assistance is available.
How to Register for the Spanish Multi-Level virtual troop:
- Go to gswise.org.
- Click on the JOIN TODAY button.
- Click on next green JOIN TODAY button once more, then click CONTINUE.
- Click on FIND TROOPS.
- Create an account for new members or log in for current members.
- Type in 53214 in the Zip/Postal Code field, then scroll down and click Search.
- Now, type the name of the club or troop you wish to register for in the Search field and continue through the registration process.
3. Check out these online and in-person, free community events with MATC that celebrate Latinx traditions, history, and more!