Girl Scout Membership Basics
Most girls belong to a troop that meets on a regular basis (usually once or twice a month) over the course of a year. Troops are led by co-leaders, trained volunteers who want to make a difference in the lives of girls. However, girls are the decision makers in these girl-led troops! Troops form year-round and girls can join any time.
Girl member: $25 per girl
Financial aid is available.
Individually Registered Member
Busy girls who can't attend troop meetings on a regular basis can still be Girl Scouts. Girls can pick and choose events that interest them and fit their schedule. They can participate in the financial literacy program and sell Girl Scout cookies to help finance their Girl Scout activities. Parents and guardians are encouraged to register as an adult member with Girl Scouts to support their girl in her Girl Scout experience.
Individually registered member: $25 per girl
Financial aid is available.
Parents are a vital part of Girl Scouts. We want every Girl Scout's experience to be the best it can be and you as a parent can make that happen.
Adult member: $25 per member
Adult members are registered Girl Scouts who support the Girl Sout movement. Members receive our Connect email twice a month wiht updates on council news, promotions, research on women and girls, and so much more. You are also invited to be part of our Girl Scout Network on LinkedIn!
Volunteer: $25 per member
Go on Girl Scout adventures with your girl when you sign up as a volunteer! Or who says you need a girl? Be a role model when you sign up with Girl Scouts. Whether you can give a few hours, weeks, months, or more, volunteering with Girl Scouts is flexible and fun.
- Troop co-leaders — work with a group of girls and mentor them as they make new friends and develop connections that will last a lifetime. Training available online or in person.
- Troop helping hands — assist with driving, activity planning, snacks, money management, or other tasks necessary to keep the troop running smoothly.
- Troop nut manager/cookie captain — coordinate the annual Fall Nut Sale or Cookie Program Activity at the troop level. Set up cookie booths, manage inventory and money, and watch the girls light up when they meet their goals!
- Camp or event volunteers — help girls explore natue and find fun outdoors, or give a few hours to help an event go off without a hitch.
- Specialist volunteers — do you have a special set of skills that will help the next generation of Girl Scouts grow? Girls need to see women leaders who have blazed the path for them in STEM, protective services, woodworking, and many other fields.
- Series facilitator — facilitate Girl Scout curriculum with a group of girls for 4-6 weeks. Focus on self-esteem, STEM, or financial literacy. Curriculum and resources are provided.
By volunteering with Girl Scouts, you're helping to provide critical skills like collaboration, conflict-resolution, an problem solving. Watch girls gain confidence and stretch to reach their potential, knowing that you helped them get there.
Volunteers are always welcomed and needed, but a minimum of two registered, approved, and unrelated Girl Scout adults must be present at every troop meeting. At least one volunteer needs to be female, but men are welcome to volunteer too!
Adult lifetime membership: $400 per member
Adults who choose to become Girl Scouts for life help develop the essential qualities for girls to lead a lifetime of confidence, success, and adventure.
Graduating senior: $200 per member
Recent high school graduates understand firsthad how an inclusive, girl-led environment can change a girl's life. Parents, gradparents, or troop co-leaders can be a champion for girls changing the world today and for generations to come by purchasing a lifetime membership for their graduating senior. As a recent graduate she'll enjoy a special rate of $200.
Young Alumnae: $200 per member
Girls who were registered Girl Scout member before the age of 18 and are under the age of 30 at the time of becoming a lifetime member receive a special discounted lifetime membership rate of $200.